Town and Country Central Victoria
Mt Macedon – Kyneton – Daylesford – Trentham – Castlemaine
Experience a distinctly European flavour rarely found in rural Australia. Enjoy the diverse character and rich history of the Goldfields from tree-lined boulevards and botanic gardens to the stunning architecture, artistic communities and charming country towns.
Price includes drive/guide and commentary.
* Does not include entries or lunch
Stop along the way for coffee and a street walk, visiting specialty shops. For lover’s of food, there’s a choice of alfresco, great pub food and notable restaurants, such as Lake house at Daylesford and Annie Smithers, Kyneton.
About the Private Tour
Duration – 8 hours , full day tour
Itinerary – Flexible itinerary created to include special interests – private garden estate visit, forest walk, lavender farm, wine tastings and gourmet dining. Studios for lovers of art and sculpture; visit weekend farmer’s markets, notable historic rural architecture, garden estate (private), and good food experiences for foodies!
Vehicle – comfortable travel in a late model sedan, people-movers and mini-coaches
Optional Inclusions – Mt Macedon, (views of Hanging Rock), Kyneton, Daylesford , Castlemaine, Wombat State Forest, regional wineries and ‘Lanvendula’ Lavender Farm
Your Town and Country Tour meanders and discovers forest tracks leading to mineral springs and trails at nearby lakes, national parks and nature reserves.
Hidden Secrets – Mt Macedon – Kyneton – Daylesford – Trentham – Castlemaine
- Mt Macedon private garden estates
- views of Hanging Rock
- Rupertswood, Sunbury, home of ‘The Ashes’ cricket
- Dromkeen, Riddell’s Creek for lover’s chn’s book
- Lavendula, a restored 1860’s Swiss farm with fields of lavender, parterres, olive and chestnut groves.
- Restorer’s Barn, Castlemaine ‘Old world’ shopping experience with thousand’s of items displayed in an old barn **Absolutely amazing!
- Sarah Gabriel’s art print shop, Kyneton
- The Saucy Australian, Kyneton’ iconic relishes, dressings. Owner Emilia makes the World’s Greatest pickled onions!
- Rustic garden sculpture, Blampied